Meet Our Team: Alison Green
Brought to life by a passion for storytelling, Pantera Press has been publishing great Australian stories since 2008.
Our goals to invest in and nurture the next generation of Australian readers and writers would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of our team.
This year, we want to give you a chance to get to know the people behind the scenes at Pantera Press, starting with the CEO and Co-founder herself, Ali Green.
- How long have you worked in publishing?
10 years, and Pantera Press is 10 too, so I think we’ll need to have a party to celebrate. Stay tuned.
- What is it that drew you to the publishing Industry?
I’ve always been an avid reader – in fact, I remember backpacking in Spain when I was 19 years old and carting 22 books around in my 50L backpack. My friends thought I was mad, until I read all of those books in the first 10 days and had to find an English language bookstore to replenish my stash.
- What is your favourite book?
Isn’t that like asking someone to choose their favourite child? They probably have one, but they’re not supposed to say it out loud. I’m going to cheat and pick my favourite nostalgic series: The Baby-sitters Club by Ann M. Martin and Fear Street by R.L. Stine.
- What book would you love to see adapted to film?
Graevale by Lynette Noni.
- If you could have dinner with one literary character, who would it be?
Laurie from Little Women. Don’t tell my boyfriend.
- What is your biggest literary pet peeve?
Your and You’re. I’m so judgemental yet autocorrect often makes me my own worst enemy!
- What snack best accompanies a good book?
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- What do you like most about your job?
That I truly get up every morning excited about what I do.
- What is your guilty pleasure?