Cover Reveal Competition
Are you "The Chosen One"?
COMPETITION DEADLINE EXTENDED - Tuesday 4th October, 5pm
EXTENDED TERMS AND CONDITIONS - AKA The Boring Bits
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
3. Entry is open to residents of all nations. However, employees and their immediate families (and interns past and present) of Pantera Press are not eligible to enter.
4. The competition will be held once. Winners will be selected in October 2016. The winners will be contacted via email by Pantera Press to arrange delivery of the prize.
5. To enter, participants must email the link to their online competition entry to the nominated email address – TheChosenOne@PanteraPress.com. Entries submitted elsewhere, including to other Pantera Press linked email accounts, will not be valid.
6. By submitting an entry via email, applicants agree to have their details registered in the Pantera Press database. This allows entrants to be kept up to date with exclusive meet the author and other book related events in their area.
7. By fulfilling the mandatory entry requirements, applicants thereby accept the terms and conditions laid out within this document.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Entries are to be made in English. If created using another language, subtitles or a translation must be used.
9. Individuals and groups may apply. Independent bloggers who are also part of a collective group of reviewers may enter both individually and collectively as part of their group. Groups, however, may only enter the competition under one single submission.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity; proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of The Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of The Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or The Promoter or the author of The Medoran Chronicles. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if The Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the posting of comments due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. The cost of entering the competition will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider
14. There will be one (1) international winner, who will win the following prize:
a) The winner, also referred to as The Chosen One, will be sent the embargoed cover of Draekora, by Lynette Noni, on Friday 7th October 2016. Announcement of the winner will be made on Pantera Press social media pages at 12noon AEST on Friday 7th October. The Chosen One will have the exclusive right to reveal the cover of Draekora on their social media channel at 10am on Sunday 9th October 2016. All entrants must be able to fulfil this requirement. An entrant’s inability to comply with these terms renders their competition entry invalid
b) The Chosen One will receive the first Advance Review Copy of Draekora, valued at $19.99, signed by the author, Lynette Noni.
c) The Chosen One will be given the opportunity to exclusively interview Lynette Noni for their blog/vlog/social media page at Supanova Gold Coast and/or Melbourne 2017. Flights and accommodation are not included in the prize. The successful winner is responsible for their own transportation and accommodation costs and other related expenses, including coordination of the interview and any equipment needed for recording.
d) The Chosen One will receive one (1) copy each of Akarnae (valued at $19.99), Raelia (valued at $19.99), and Draekora (valued at $19.99), signed by Lynette Noni, to offer as a prize giveaway to one of their followers. This prize pack must be offered as an official prize giveaway through The Chosen One’s official book blog or relevant social media page. All other terms and conditions for the prize giveaway are to be determined by The Chosen One.
15. All entrants to The Chosen One competition are eligible to receive one (1) of forty-nine (49) runners-up prizes.
a) One (1) advanced review copy of Draekora, signed by Lynette Noni, one (1) month ahead of the official release date
b) Please note that this will be the only opportunity for book bloggers to access a printed review copy of Draekora.
16. Entries for The Chosen One Competition are open to book bloggers and/or booktubers who meet the following criteria:
a) Entrants must be the creators and administrators, or co-creators and co-administrators, of a blog dedicated to reading and reviewing books
b) The blog must have a dedicated Young Adult genre focus and/or following
c) Entrants must demonstrate an active social media presence and/or review policy, with a specific focus on the Young Adult genre. They must have published a review of a Young Adult novel since January 2016.
17. Entrants must include the following information in their entry in order to be eligible for selection as The Chosen One:
a) Tell us in 300 words or two (2) minutes or less why your blog/channel deserves the opportunity to be selected as The Chosen One to reveal the cover of Draekora internationally.
b) Your entry should include:
i. Why you love The Medoran Chronicles
ii. Why you feel a connection with Alex and her friends
iii. What you are expecting in Draekora
iv. Which colour you think will dominate on the cover of Draekora
c) Entries must be posted on a social media channel linked to the entrant’s book blog between 12noon AEST on Thursday 1st September and 12noon AEST on Friday 30th September.
d) Entrants must email the URL link of their entries to TheChosenOne@PanteraPress.com with “The Chosen One Cover Reveal Competition” in the subject line by 12noon AEST on Friday 30th September.
e) Entrants must include the following hashtags in their entry: #Draekora #TheChosenOne
18. Judges will be looking for entrants who fulfil the above criteria, and who also demonstrate a sustained interest in the YA booksphere in the following ways:
a) An entrant’s passion and dedication to The Medoran Chronicles
b) An entrant’s level of engagement with their followers
c) An entrant’s breadth of reach across a number of social media channels
d) An entrant’s ability to meet the deadline and timing requirements for the cover reveal
e) An entrant’s innovative approach to reviewing and recommending books
19. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by The Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
20. Each valid entrant will be judged by a team of judges, which includes current Pantera Press marketing and publicity staff/interns. The judges will select the winning entry, based on the most creative, informative or useful entry, as noted against the selection criteria
21. Prizes will only be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. blog creator/administrator). The winner will therefore be, in each case, the account holder.
22. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify The Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final and The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result or winning entries.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
25. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders The Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, The Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the account user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
27. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who The Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
28. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
29. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of The Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation. NOTE: The Promoter reserves the right to assign Thatcher and Red Scorpion to deal with any potential cyber threats.
30. All entries become the property of The Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion. Information supplied when logging your entry will be used by Pantera Press to contact you in the event your submission is selected as the winning entry. No further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
31. The Promoter is Pantera Press (ABN: 58 003 094 193) of 34/8 Herbert St, St Leonards NSW 2065.