Pantera Press Seeks Production Coordinator
Leading Independent book publisher in North Sydney seeks Production person with typesetting experience.
The successful candidate will have
- Previous experience typesetting books or long publications using Adobe InDesign
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign on a Mac
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Combined speed and accuracy
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to set and meet strict deadlines
The role will involve
- Layout and Typesetting approximately 20-25 books a year (non-illustrative)
- Managing the entire production process with our production partners including procuring print quotes, setting and monitoring print schedules, managing relationships with our Australian and overseas printers, checking all proofs
- Managing admin relating to any production including shipping process and distribution
- Working closely with editorial/publishing and sales
- Data uploads and checking
- Ideally the role would also involve some proofreading
- Ideally the role would also involve conversion of print files into eBook
$47,000 pa. inclusive of superannuation.
This role would be suitable as a part time/flexible role for someone experienced in production, or a full-time position for a more junior person with typesetting/Indesign experience.
How to Apply
Please send the following to Work@PanteraPress.com by February 1st, 2021
- Cover letter
- A native InDesign file that you have set up and laid out, in a trade paperback book format