We’re Hiring: Head of Publicity and Communications (14 Month Maternity Leave Role)
An experienced and accomplished person to lead, develop and execute Pantera Press’ communications and publicity strategy, with a focus on increasing and supporting sales for authors and books, as well as building corporate brand awareness.
This role will include working with high profile authors: Performer Courtney Act, TV Personality Aaron Fa’Aoso, Journalist Elfy Scott, and several others that are yet to be announced.
Start Date: 1 November 2021
End Date: 21 December 2022
Previous Experience: 4-5 years working in publicity in the Arts, or less if the applicant can demonstrate experience at a management level. Applicants with experience in the book publishing industry preferred.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of ANZ comms and publicity strategies for new release titles, working closely with marketing, publishing and sales departments.
- Ongoing publicity support for continuing and backlist authors and titles
- Launch new acquisitions and grow author brands across fiction and non-fiction, approximately 20 titles in 2022 and strategic planning for 26 in 2023.
- Responsibility and vision for increasing brand awareness for both Pantera Press and the Pantera Press Foundation
- Manage the publicity budget
- Develop & execute media engagement plans that deliver strong results across title sales and audience reach
- Maintain strong relationships with media, booksellers and festival programmers
- Create unique pitches for specific media as well as general press releases
- Ability to quickly identify trends and opportunities for the brand(s) as well as anticipating any issues or potential risks for the business
- Plan, book and organise author tours and events with booksellers and festival programmers, including virtual event planning in the event of ongoing restrictions and border closures
- Availability to accompany authors on tours and to events (when travel is safe and permitted)
- Play an active role in acquisitions meetings
In your cover letter we ask that you detail the titles, authors or brands you’ve worked with and in what capacity.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 30 September.