You Can Change the World
The kids' guide to a better planet
Kids are on a mission to make our Earth a better, safer, happier place, and you can join in!
Every day, we see problems we would like to fix. A piece of rubbish in a green, grassy park. Plastic water bottles buried in the sand at the beach. A garbage bin overflowing onto the street. A skinny, stray dog. A homeless person on a cold day.
These problems might seem impossible for one person to change, but we can help fix them –one step at a time!
This practical guide will give kids the tools to take action, empowering and inspiring them to make a difference in the world.
Filled with activities and ideas, and featuring children doing amazing things from Australia and around the world, You Can Change the World shows kids how to:
• Throw a plastic-free party
• Make a compost bin and reduce waste
• Start a herb garden
• Recognise and reduce single-use plastics
• Grow bee-friendly flowers
• Learn about where their food comes from
• Be kinder to others, share and donate
Small changes make a big difference
Did you know?
• There are more plastic flamingos in the world than real ones.
• If you joined all the pieces of plastic in the ocean together they would go around the whole planet over 4000 times.
• Every year, the average Australian family creates enough waste to fill a three-bedroom house.